Social Skills for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders Elementary School Lesson Plans 1-50
An update to Social Skills for School and Community, this timely new edition places a greater focus on teaching social skills in inclusive settings by creating learning opportunities in general education environments. The book contains 50 strategies for individual and small group instruction with follow-up strategies for facilitating maintenance and generalization. The strategies and lessons included in this manual are designed to address the needs of students who fall into the mild and moderate end of the spectrum of students with ASD and other developmental disabilities. The strategies encompassed in teaching students with ASD have wide-ranging value in addressing the social skills needs of students with other disabilities and those who are at-risk. The book contains an accompanying CD containing printable copies of assessment and evaluation checklists, homework forms, comic strips, photographs, and story sequences for teaching and reinforcing social skills. Additional resources include expression pictures and a file related to data collection and progress monitoring.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Proactive Instruction for Social Competence
- Chapter 2: Supporting Students With Disabilities in the Inclusive Classroom
- Chapter 3: Engaging Students in Learning Activities and Teaching Social Behavior
- Chapter 4: Direct Instruction of Social Skills
- Chapter 5: Social Skills Lesson Plans for Students in Elementary School (1-50)