Customer Service Center
CEC’s Member Services Team is here to assist you with all aspects of your membership. From becoming a member to assisting with your membership, event registrations and book orders, we’re here to help.
Please take note of the correct mailing address for payments.
Council for Exceptional Children
PO Box 79026
Baltimore, MD 21279-0026
This address is for payments only. All other correspondence should be sent to CEC’s Office Address.
Council for Exceptional Children
3100 Clarendon Blvd., Ste. 600
Arlington, VA 22201
This address is for general correspondence only. All payments should be sent to CEC’s Payment Address.
The easiest way to join or renew CEC membership is online. If you need to print an application for yourself or others, please download and print the application that fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional Member – for professionals with more than three years working in special or general education.
- Early Career Professional Member – for professionals with three or fewer years working in special or general education.
- Retired Professional Member – for professionals who no longer hold a professional position – employee, consultant, or otherwise - in education or special education.
- Pre-Service Student Member – for currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, including doctoral candidates, who have not yet graduated and/or worked as a special education professional.
- In-Service Student Member – for currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, including doctoral candidates, who have been in the profession and are returning for additional credits/degree(s).
- Paraprofessional Member – for paraprofessionals providing instructional or related support to students and their families under the direction and supervision of a certified teacher.
- Family/Affiliate Member – for individuals who are interested in special education but are not employed (including as consultants) in any field of education and/or special education.
- Group Membership/Professional Development Packages are available for groups of five (5) or more professionals from the same school, school district, cooperative, university, student group, or other organization. Groups must be submitted using this form and payment.
All purchase orders must be received with accompanying member, attendee or product information. We do not currently accept purchase orders online; they must be submitted directly to CEC. Click below to submit your purchase order.
Please contact CEC Member Services. We will gladly assist you through those processes.
You may have a duplicate record in our system. Please contact CEC Member Services to have us merge your records and update your login information.
Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request. After ten (10) business days, please contact CEC Member Services if you have not received confirmation.
First, login to your account. Next, under Account Actions, click Reset Password and follow the prompts. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out to CEC Member Services. If you are unable to access your account or have difficulty with the reset form, please contact CEC Member Services.
Yes. CEC offers one (1), two (2), and three (3) year membership options.
No. Those who choose not to provide a vaccination verification are welcome to attend the virtual convention between February 1-4, 2022. A negative PCR test result will not be accepted for in-person registration. Accommodations requested at least three weeks in advance may be offered on a case-by-case basis for those unable to be vaccinated due to disability. Accommodations may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern. Closed on holidays.