Volunteer Program Reviewer Resources
Thanks for your interest in becoming or your commitment to being a Program Reviewer for the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC)!
We are always seeking program reviewers for the growing number of preparation program reports. Interested individuals can submit an application through the link below for consideration. If selected, you will be asked to participate in a virtual training workshop. There is no registration fee for the virtual training workshops for selected participants.
In addition to actively reviewing as frequently as possible on a collaborative team, CEC also expects program reviewers to continuously update and improve their knowledge. CEC program reviewers are asked to participate in at least one program reviewer update webinar per year. Of course, current program reviewers are welcome to participate in any of the CEC Program Reviewer workshops. For added convenience the most recent update is posted here each semester.
Perhaps the most helpful resource for both program reviewers and developers is the CEC Program Recognition FAQ, a collection of the most frequently asked questions by both reviewers and developers.
Program Reviewer Webinar Updates
- Program Reviews: Doing Them Well (CEC Reviewer Updates, Fall 2020) - Recording
- Program Reviews: Doing Them Well (CEC Reviewer Updates, Fall 2020) - Powerpoint
- Language to Include in Recognized with Conditions Decisions (Word Document)
- CAEP Evaluation Framework for EPP-Created Assessments
Program Reviewer Resource Manual
The following Reviewer Resource Manual is a collection of resources and program reviewer rubrics for guidence in reviewing.
- 10 2013 04 Program Report Developer and Reviewer Powerpoint
- 21 CEC Reviewer Guidelines Option A 04 2012
- 22 CEC Reviewer Guidelines Option C 04 2012
- 23 CEC Reviewer Scoring Guides and Rubrics 03 29 2012
- 25 Initial Preparation Standards Reviewer Rubrics Final DRAFT
- 26 Advanced Preparation Standards Reviewer Rubrics Final DRAFT
- 30 NCATE Program Reviewer Guidelines and Procedures
- 31 NCATE Programs to be Submitted Guidelines
- 32 NCATE Program Developer Data Guidelines
- 33 NCATE Program Reviewer Decision Guidelines
- 34 NCATE Program Report Options
- 35 NCATE Program Reviewer Resource Document 2010 version
- 36 NCATE Guidelines for Linked Reports
- CAEP Guidelines on Documenting Course Grades