Resources for Unit, Division, and Chapter Leaders
The resources below are provided to help Unit and Division volunteer leadership teams be successful.
Some items are specific to the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) but can be adapted for Unit/Division use.
- Administrative Support and Service Fees to Units & Divisions
- Budget Template
- Business Planning Basics LI 2017
- Bylaws - Sample Template
- CEC's Bylaws
- Committee Recharter Application
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Disclaimer for Information
- Ethics, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest
- Executive Director Contract Guidelines
- Leadership Finance & Operations Guide 2019
- Leadership Finance & Legal Presentation 2020 Portland
- Mind Mapping Tool for Goal Setting
- Public Statement Disclaimer Process for Divisions and Units
- Representative Assembly FAQ
- Strategic Planning Process for Units/Divisions
- Sustaining Great Leadership and Volunteer Recruitment Engagement Retention Checklist
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Website Migration Outline
- Whistle Blower and Informant Protection Policy
- Activate Session Handout
- Activate Your Component
- Avoiding Legal and Financial Pitfalls
- Building Corporate Partnerships and Increasing Sponsorships
- Building Volunteer Pipeline
- Components 911
- Connect. Amplify. Engage (Communications)
- Connect. Amplify. Engage (Communications) Handout
- Focus Area: IEP Writing and Goal Setting
- Getting to Know CEC
- LetsGoLearn Hand Out
- Membership Cycle Presentation
- Planning In-Person Events
- Professional Affairs 2022
- Volunteer Session Handout
- Volunteer Flyer 2020 1-up
- Website Reportcard
Leadership CEC is an experience-based program designed to support new or emerging unit/division leaders in gaining a deeper understanding of the CEC organization, CEC governance, and unit/division leadership functions and competencies.
Director of Component Services
We are so much Stronger Together and I am hoping I can be the resource you need to help you come together, stay together, and accomplish together! Let me know what you need to meet the needs of your members and potential members!
Component Services Manager
Danielle (she/her/hers) serves as the component services manager supporting all CEC Units. Danielle is a resource for all units looking for support in membership engagement, retention and recruitment, operations, succession planning, volunteer recruitment/engagement and more! Looking to connect with Danielle? Email her at email@example.com or book time to meet via this link: https://doodle.com/bp/daniellewieczorek/unit-support-meeting
CEC Support for Unit & Division Conferences
CEC Headquarters is happy to assist Units and Divisions with conferences and events. Let us know about your event and any materials you request by completing this survey.
IMPORTANT: you must submit this survey at least three weeks prior to your event, otherwise we cannot fulfill your request.
If you have suggestions for additional resources, or items you would like to share with other units and divisions, we welcome your ideas and content. Please contact Bryan Reynolds, Database Manager, or Kevin Jacobs, Membership Manager.