Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports: TEC Collection
This collection of articles from TEACHING Exceptional Children (TEC) provides current descriptions and examples of practices and systems that form a continuum of positive behavior supports for all students. Schoolwide positive behavior supports, classwide practices, school climate and culture evaluations, and systems approach initiatives expand upon the articles originally published in TEC July/August 2008. Original topics covered: schoolwide discipline; classroom management and interventions; secondary and tertiary intervention systems; data-based decision making; family engagement and supports; cooperative initiatives; and wraparound support services.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: CEC's Policy on Safe and Positive School Climate
- Chapter 2: Improving the Way We Think About Students With Emotional and/or Behavioral Disorders
- Chapter 3: Creating Hone-School Partnerships by Engaging Families in Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports
- Chapter 4: Wraparound As a Tertiary Level Intervention for Students With Emotional/Behavioral Needs
- Chapter 5: Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports: Primary Systems
- Chapter 6: Cooperating Initiatives: Supporting Behavioral and Academic Improvement Through a Systems Approach
- Chapter 7: Evaluating School Climate and School Culture
- Chapter 8: High School Peer Mentoring That Works!
- Chapter 9: Making It Work: Differentiating Tier Two Self-Regulated Strategies Development in Writing in Tandem With Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Support
- Chapter 10: Classwide Interventions: Effective Instruction Makes a Difference
- Chapter 11: Classwide Secondary and Tertiary Tier Practices and Systems
- Chapter 12: Using Positive Behavioral Support to Manage Avoidance of Academic Risk
- Chapter 13: Teaching Transitions: Techniques for Promoting Success Between Lessons