The 2022 CEC Convention & Expo will be presented as a hybrid event with both in-person and virtual opportunities.
- The in-person component of the convention will be held Jan. 16-19, 2022, at the beautiful Orlando World Center and will include new interactive programming, an upgraded Technology Playground, and several events to celebrate CEC’s 100th Anniversary. All registrants for the in-person event automatically receive access to the virtual component of the convention as well.
- The virtual component will be held Feb. 1-4, 2022, and will feature over 300 sessions for you to watch on-demand.
- In addition, live, synchronous workshops will be held during both the in-person and virtual components of the convention. Check the Convention Workshops page for more information on the workshop line-up and rates.
YES! Groups of 5-9 save 10% on each registration, and groups of 10+ save 15% on each registration. Please read the following registration details:
- Group registrations are based on CEC membership status and based on the rate at the time of the registration (see the rates on the Registration tab).
- Group discounts apply only to event registration for either the in-person or virtual conventions. Group rates do not apply to workshops or special events.
- Group registration cannot be completed online and must be completed using registration forms (coming soon). All registration forms must be submitted together. Forms need to be processed together either by remitting forms, processing all forms online, or by submitting the following information in Excel spreadsheet format: spreadsheet must include first name, last name, name of institution/school district, address, city, state, zip, email, best telephone number, registration choice (in-person or virtual only), workshop options, if applicable, for each registrant.
- If using a Purchase Order, the number must be included along with a copy of the purchase order.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or assistance.
- Additions: If you are looking to add an item to your convention registration, please contact email@example.com.
- Cancellations: Cancellations are subject to convention cancellation and refund policies.
- Substitutions: Substitutions are always accepted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfers of registrations, workshops, or other items from students to non-students and members to non-members may have an additional fee.
In-Person Convention (Jan. 16-19, 2022)
CEC 2022 will feature:
- 2 dynamic keynote speakers;
- Over 500 concurrent and poster sessions;
- 16 convention workshops;
- A celebration of the Yes I Can Awards,
- A Legacy Luncheon celebrating 100 years of CEC history and leaders; and
- A 100th "Birthday Bash" celebrating CEC and the field of special education.
The current schedule at a glance can be found here.
Please note that convention workshops, the Legacy Luncheon, and the Birthday Bash are open to all, but do require additional registration fees.
All attendees will be expected to follow appropriate protocols set forth by CEC in the weeks leading up to the convention.
You will be required to read and confirm your acceptance of the current COVID protocols at the time of registration, and will receive a copy of any updated protocols shortly before the convention begins. By registering, you confirm that understand that attendees are expected to abide by all posted COVID safety measures at the time of the conference and failure to do so will result in removal without refund.
Confirmation of your registration will be sent via email. Please double check spam filters and folders, as confirmations tend to get redirected to these locations. Badges will not be mailed in advance of the meeting; they will be available for pick-up onsite at the Registration Desk. Attendees must wear the official convention badge at all times and present it for admission to all convention events. To minimize the environmental cost of reprints, please remember to wear your badge each day.
Workshops are only available for convention registrants. If you are attending in-person, you can register for both in-person AND virtual workshops.
See the full lineup of convention workshops here. The virtual workshops are being confirmed and will be available for registration soon.
Registration for in-person workshops is limited to two workshops (one in the morning, and one in the afternoon).
For virtual workshops, you can register for as many as you'd like! All virtual workshops will be presented live via a webinar platform and will be recorded for you to view later.
Virtual Convention (Feb. 1-4, 2022)
We know that there are many restrictions on travel and funding still in place for many organizations. But we don't want you to miss out on any of the great content at the convention! That's why all of the concurrent sessions and posters being presented in-person will also be available as recorded content for you to watch at your convenience. Plus, there will be additional sessions only available virtually.
The 2022 virtual component of convention will consist of over 300 pre-recorded sessions that will be available for you to watch whenever works best for your schedule. In addition, there will be over 20 convention workshops that will be presented live. These workshops require an additional registration fee.
Beyond sessions and workshops, you'll be able to visit the virtual expo hall and chat with other attendees and presenters on message boards.
Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
One professional development hour (PDH) represents one clock hour spent in a planned continuing education experience that is relevant to the profession or discipline of special education, is developed from explicit learning outcomes, conducted by qualified instructional personnel, and designed to reflect principles of good practice in adult education.
Many states accept CEC professional development activities toward their requirements, but some do not. Check in advance with the relevant credentialing authorities in your state to ensure CEC PDHs are accepted and whether professional development hours must be live (synchronous) or if it can be recorded (asynchronous). Note that many states have made exceptions during the pandemic to allow for virtual and/or asynchronous learning to count.
You can earn CEC PDHs during the in-person or virtual convention for all convention education sessions, including convention workshops, concurrent sessions, teacher slam sessions, data blitz sessions, and posters. Activities that are not eligible for PDHs include meetings, exhibits, and exhibitor showcase sessions, social events, awards ceremonies, and celebrations.
One hour of instruction is equivalent to one Professional Development Hour. Poster sessions are eligible for 45 minutes of instruction, or .75 PDHs.
You must be registered for the convention and you must view/attend a session in full to claim it for PDHs.
- Credits are based on an honor system. There is no limit on the number of sessions you view/attend and claim.
- Using the Whova.com web version or mobile app, add sessions to YOUR Agenda. This will help you quickly claim your credits.
- You will receive an email with login information to the PDH portal after the in-person component of the convention has concluded.
- You will enter each session you view/attend. Specific instructions will be provided.
- You will have through May 31, 2022, to view/attend sessions and claim your credits. You will have the option to print a Certificate of Attendance and a PDH transcript.