Do you have paraeducators in your school or classroom? Of course, you do. According to the U.S. Department of Education, during the 2018-2019 school year, there were almost 521,000 special education paraeducators in the country. That’s more than the number of actual special education teachers that were employed!
Paraeducators are critically important to schools, teachers, and students—but they can be truly effective partners when administrators and teachers are strategic and intentional in how paraeducators support them (and students) in the classroom with planning, instruction, and managing student behavior. How can you best develop and utilize paraeducator knowledge, skills and abilities in your classrooms? Glad you asked!
In this fully online, on-demand program designed for special education teachers, special education administrators, and building/district administrators, you’ll get evergreen strategies to help enhance the support provided to the paraeducators you work with. With the number of paraeducators working in the K-12 education field not slowing down, CEC enlisted experts in working with paraeducators to provide guidance and resources for teachers and administrators alike.
Special Education Admins - Want to access a workshop from this program for FREE that is specifically focused on the adminstrator's role of supporting paraeducators? Click here to learn how and then consider purchasing this whole program for your special education teachers!
Who is this program for?
- Special education teachers
- Special education administrators
- Building/district administrators
- Even general education teachers will benefit from this program
*This program is intended for anyone working directly with paraeducators--not for paraeducators directly.
What do I get?
- 8 curated, on-demand workshops (which means 9 professional development hours/PDHs too!)
- Each workshop provides critical content from our expert presenters on topics such as:
- The Administrator’s Role in Promoting Policies and Systems for Appropriate Utilization of Paraeducators - with Dr. Ritu Chopra
- Rules of Engagement with Paraeducators: Tools for Teachers - with Dr. Ritu Chopra
- Tools for Teachers: Delegating Instructional Tasks to Paraeducators - with Dr. Peggy Yates & Dr. Ritu Chopra
- 10 Tips for Managing Our Classrooms More Efficiently with Our Paraeducators - with Dr. Emily Sobeck & Dr. Megan Reister
- Implementing Behavior Intervention Plans: How Can Special Education Teachers Better Support Paraeducators? - with Dr. Emily Sobeck
- Mentoring and Supervising Paraeducators to Facilitate Peer Support Arrangements for Students with Significant Disabilities - with Dr. Matt Brock
- Considerations for Training to Paraeducators: Live and Virtual Delivery - with Dr. Sarah Douglas
- POWR+: A Strategy to Help Paraeducators Support Students Who Use Augmentative and Alternative Communication - with Dr. Sarah Douglas
- Watch and rewatch any or all the workshops at your own pace and convenience within one year.
- Receive PDH certificates for the workshops you complete or for completing the whole series (9 PDHs) on-demand.
- A selection of multiple extremely helpful resources and journal articles selected by the presenters to enhance and support your supporting paraeducators learning journey.