2020 CEC Leadership Institute
Leadership Institute Transformed for 2020
The 2020 Leadership Institute has transformed to a series of online learning sessions. The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) staff and volunteer leaders will offer a blend of recorded trainings and online discussion groups. The recordings will provide you with the information you asked for as leaders of CEC’s Units and Divisions, and the discussion groups will connect you with your Unit and Division peers to learn from, encourage, and connect with one another. Please note, this is a CEC Members-Only event.
Recorded session topics will include:
- Updates from CEC Headquarters
- Membership growth, retention, and engagement
- Policy and Advocacy updates
- Communication strategies to engage and involve your members
- Financial and legal requirements for managing your Unit or Division
- How to use CEC’s database to grow your membership and promote your events
- Addressing equity and leadership development in your Unit or Division
Recorded sessions will be available for viewing as your schedule allows, beginning in August and continuing through Fall 2020. In addition, live town hall style discussion groups will be held virtually so you can delve more deeply into the topics covered in the recorded sessions. These online discussions will give you the opportunity to exchange ideas, ask questions, and share proven strategies with your Unit and Division peers. We will do our best to accommodate different time zones and schedule the live discussion groups in multiple blocks. You can participate in those online discussions, or simply view the recorded sessions. You customize the training to fit your individual and organization’s needs!