The 2023 Leadership Institute will kick-off at 1pm eastern on July 7 and conclude at 12:30pm eastern on July 9. Registration and event check-in will open at 10am on July 7, please plan your travel accordingly.
This year's Institute is centered around our theme: Connect. Network. Grow.
The Goal of CEC Leadership Institute is: To provide our component leaders with opportunities to connect with and learn from their peers, evaluate common operational practices, formulate membership programming ideas, strengthen operational knowledge and practices, and develop a deeper understanding of how the CEC community of leaders can support and sustain an impactful experience for all CEC and component members.
Learning Objectives for Leadership Institute Attendees:
- Identify operational expectations and best practices
- Describe examples of creative programs, solutions and offerings developed by other Units and Divisions
- Design new member engagement strategies in the areas of social media, websites, membership campaigns, surveys, events and more
- Evaluate current component practices to identify areas of success and opportunities for growth
The registration cost will be $250 per person and includes the conference, four meals and a reception. CEC Divisions and Units will each receive two complimentary registrations. (Attendance is capped at four attendees + Executive Director from each Division/Unit)
Leaders from CEC Sub Divisions and Chapters are also invited to attend this year as well at a cost of $250.00 per attendee, so please share this information with your chapter/sub division leaders!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and full refunds for this program are eligible until July 5, 2023. Cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023 Summit will be held at the Westin Alexandria Old Town (400 Courthouse Square, Alexandria, Virginia). Participants are expected to stay in the host hotel. Room Rates: $171 Single / $181 Double
Note: If the Westin hotel is out of rooms on the night you requested, please visit one of the nearby properties listed below. We do not maintain a room block with these hotels, but they are close by:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/WASRA-residence-inn-alexandria-ol…
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/rooms/?ctyhocn=WASOTES
The nearest airport for CEC Leadership Institute is the Washington National Airport (4.4 miles away). The hotel is located on the King Street Metro (blue line). In addition, Uber/Lyft are available from the airport for typically less than $10.