About the New Special Educator Jumpstart Program
Break it down for me…
This program is a fully online (offered in a blend of live and on-demand workshops) induction program designed for first through third year special educators. The program will consist of:
- Live Online Sessions (including a welcome, check-ins & a wrap-up
- 8 on-demand workshops focused on
- critical topics for the 2021-2022 school year
- emerging challenges as students return to the classroom
- strategies to address the above
- Virtual mentoring with CEC’s subject matter experts
- Curated learning resources to supplement the program content
- A secure, online learning community accessible only to program cohort members during and beyond the program dates
Who should participate in this program?
JumpStart is designed for special education teachers in their first 3 years in the classroom, whether you're preparing to enter the classroom for the first time or an early-career teacher preparing to address new challenges presented in a new school year and learning environment.
Though designed for new special educators, this program will be highly beneficial for anyone working with students with exceptionalities in the coming school year.
What's in it for me?
The most current information and strategies to meet challenges faced most by new special educators—and new issues likely to surface as more students return to the classroom. Plus:
- Earn up to 11 professional development hours (PDHs) for completing the entire program or earn PDHs for just the workshops you choose to complete
- Secure access to CEC's experienced subject matter expert presenters, creating a virtual mentorship opportunity throughout the program
- A professional network of peers within your program’s cohort to connect and share information with during the program, throughout the school year and beyond
- A library of learning materials in various formats (including e-books of the Survival Guide for New Special Education Teachers and High Leverage Practices in Special Education) to supplement the program content, and to serve as future reference resources as they implement the strategies learned in the program
- A certificate of completion and verification of Professional Development Hours (PDHs) upon completion of the program
- Access to the learning community and all course materials for the duration of the 2021 school year