The Outstanding CEC Leadership Award
This award honors a CEC member who has made significant contributions to the Council’s programs and activities at the local, state/provincial, and national/international level over an extended period of time.
The Outstanding CEC Leadership Award honors a CEC member who has provided exemplary leadership to the organization at the unit, division and/or national/international levels over an extended period. The nominee’s achievements and contributions have resulted in recognition of the Council’s commitment, leadership, and dedication to improving positive outcomes for children and youth with exceptionalities.
Nominations may be made by an individual, unit, or division).
The award recipient will be:
- invited to attend the CEC 2023 Convention & Expo, March 1 – 4, 2023, in Louisville, KY, compliments of CEC (CEC will cover the recipient’s registration);
- recognized and receive a commemorative plaque at an Awards Luncheon during the CEC 2023 Convention & Expo.
- given a $500 cash honorarium; and
- featured in a press release on the CEC website (https://exceptionalchildren.org)
- Nominee must be a current CEC member at the time of nomination and granting of the award.
- The work of the nominee must be consistent with CEC’s mission statement, as stated above.
- Nominees must have provided exemplary leadership to CEC in areas including unit or division leadership; committee or task force membership; professional development/training; policy and advocacy; governance; and professional standards and accreditation.
- Posthumous nominations are not accepted.
Rules and Instructions for Nomination
- All nomination materials must be submitted by 12:00 pm ET, September 19, 2022.
- The nomination form is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLBCG7V
- Supporting materials may uploaded into the online nomination form as PDF, doc or docx files. If you are unable to upload them, please email them to Sharon Rodriguez.
- Please use the file name to clearly label each section and all nomination materials (e.g., “John_Smith_2021_Weintraub_Award.pdf” or “John _Smith_Vitae.doc”).
- All materials submitted become the property of CEC and will not be returned.
The nomination packet is divided into three sections:
- Nominee Responses to Areas of Award Relevance
- Please list the CEC leadership roles (including dates) you have held at the unit, division and international level.
- For each role, please describe how the nominees contributions advanced CEC’s programs and activities. Quantitative documentation should be provided where possible. (500-word maximum)
- Please document nominee’s contributions, and notable outcomes, to CEC’s public policy and/or advocacy, standards development, programs (including professional development/conferences/conventions), journals/publications/products, member engagement, and/or DEI initiatives. Quantitative documentation should be provided where possible. (700-word maximum)
- Vitae/Resumé of Nominee
- Letters of Recommendation
- At least three letters of recommendation documenting the nominee’s efforts in meeting the award criteria.
- The CEC Honors Committee has the authority to give only one Outstanding CEC Leadership Award or opt not to grant the award in any given year.
- NOTE: Individuals nominated for this award but not selected may be included in the pool of nominees the following year, with their permission. If the nominator who originally submitted the nomination intends to resubmit it for a second year, they may do so by sending a letter of intent to the Honors Committee Staff Liaison (see below). The previous nomination materials can be reused.