Policy Solutions to Address Educator Shortage
Looking for Certificates of Completion and/or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for this presentation?
- If you are a CEC member:
- You must log in to the CEC Learning Library and view the free webinars there.
- Not a CEC member?:
About This Video
Learn how to address the educator shortage by developing an interstate compact agreement, providing support for the Praxis and State Content Exams, supporting credential flexibilities, developing a supply and demand data collection system, teacher compensation options, and more.
- Laurie VanderPloeg, Council for Exceptional Children
- Susan Adams, ASHA- Interstate Compact
- Keith Buckhout, Council of State Governments- Interstate Compacts
- Shawna Rader Kelly, MT Office of Public Instruction- practitioner spotlight
- Shannon Holston, National Center for Teacher Quality- Praxis and State Content Exams
- Kevin Rubenstein, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services, Elmhurst Community Unit, Illinois
- Dr. Rebecca Estes, Senior Director of Educator Talent
- Scott Bogan, Director of Higher Education and Educator Preparation Programs
- Risa Regnier, Director of Educator Licensing
Combatting Shortages of Educators Serving Students With Disabilities
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the CEEDAR Center have collaborated with national partners and practitioners to produce a 12-part webinar series focused on evidence-based strategies to strengthen and diversify the special education workforce.
Created in partnership with: