#CEC2022 Unit and Division Social Media Toolkit
Spread the word about your participation in the CEC 2022 Convention & Expo with our Social Media Toolkit. With the samples and tips below, you can celebrate your involvement and share important updates.
General Convention Promotion Examples:
- Presented as a hybrid event with in-person AND virtual options, #CEC2022 offers new research-to-practice sessions, an upgraded Technology Playground, interactive Expo Hall opportunities, 35 pre-conference workshops, events to celebrate CEC’s 100th Anniversary, and more. Check out our list of programming to start designing your own experience and register today! exceptionalchildren.org/convention
- Itching for new strategies, inspiration, or just some really great professional development credits for 2022? Catch us at #CEC2022 to celebrate CEC’s 100th Anniversary, tap into hundreds of sessions, and connect with special education leaders from around the world! Learn more and register at exceptionalchildren.org/convention.
- Who’s coming to #CEC2022 this January? Trust us, you’ll want to find out. From world-class headliners to hands-on teacher slam sessions, this year’s amazing line-up of presenters will NOT disappoint. But don’t just take our word for it—see for yourself! https://bit.ly/3BFxgSS
- With 100’s of professional learning sessions and events to celebrate CEC’s 100th year, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to join us for #CEC2022 in Orlando on Jan. 16-19 to network, learn, grow, and connect. Register now at exceptionalchildren.org/convention.
- Did you know our hybrid #CEC2022 offers multiple registration options to fit anyone’s budget? You’ll have access to the best professional development event of the year, in whatever way works for you. Learn more and register at exceptionalchildren.org/convention.
Promoting Specific Unit or Division Sessions, Social Events, etc.:
- Don’t miss out on the opportunity to connect with other special educators [in your area OR with your same interests] at #CEC2022! Check out [SESSION TITLE] on [DATE] and walk away with evidence-based strategies for supporting students with exceptionalities in the classroom and beyond. Trust us, you won’t want to miss it: [LINK TO SESSION]
- We are so excited to be attending #CEC2022 in Orlando on Jan. 16-19! Join us for a special event on [DATE] to celebrate [OFFICIAL EVENT THEME]. We can’t wait to see you there: [LINK TO EVENT]
- Coming to #CEC2022? Don’t miss our special session on [DATE] to gain strategies you can actually use to support students with exceptionalities both in and out of the classroom. Learn more and add us to your schedule ASAP: [LINK TO SESSION]
- Want to learn about [INSERT SESSION NAME OR PURPOSE]? Join us at #CEC2022 on [DATE OF SESSION] to hear [INSERT NAMES, OR, a panel of experts, the experts] discuss [TOPIC]. First, register; then, mark your calendars for this special event!
Sample Newsletter and Email Copy:
Each year at the CEC Convention & Expo, thousands of special education professionals from around the world come together to learn, share, grow, and connect. With hundreds of sessions on just about every topic in the field, the CEC Convention & Expo is THE professional development event for special educators to find research, tips, and strategies you can actually apply to supporting students with disabilities and/or gifts and talents.
CEC 2022 will be a hybrid format, with both in-person programming in Orlando, FL, Jan. 16-19, and virtual program components on Feb. 1-4. The in-person event will be held at the beautiful Orlando World Center and will include new interactive programming, an upgraded Technology Playground, special events to celebrate CEC’s 100th Anniversary, and more.
Your school or district can save money while investing in professional development for individuals or entire teams. Use our Justification Toolkit to help make your case for travel, funding, and time off.
Traveling to #CEC2022 from out of town? Take advantage of #CEC2022 travel discounts, room sharing, and reduced-rate hotel rooms to make your stay affordable.
Tips For Promoting
Make your marketing efforts go further during CEC 2022 with these tips and tricks.
- Use the hashtag #CEC2022 to boost your post’s visibility.
- Like, share, and retweet posts from speakers and brands who have recently participated or will be participating in CEC 2022.
- Keep character limits in mind. Facebook and Instagram offer a virtually endless word count, but Twitter limits you to 280 characters.
- Retweet positive news and/or reviews about participants and their work or articles relevant to CEC 2022 from legitimate outlets.
- Add some modest how-to information such as “To join the party, visit the online Session Browser and search ___."