Get to Know the Candidates for the Board of Directors Election 2021
The CEC Board of Directors consists of 16 volunteer members who serve 3-year terms. The Board supports the work of CEC, and, through its fiduciary oversight, is responsible for the financial health and well-being of the organization; advancing CEC’s mission and strategic plan; ensuring adequate resources, compliance with the law, and effective organizational planning; and oversight of the Executive Director.
The election period to fill three vacancies on the board is Oct. 11 – 26 (3:00 pm ET). All members will receive an email via SurveyMonkey with a unique link to vote. If you do not receive an email by Oct. 12, please check your spam first then contact Sharon Rodriguez, Director of Governance and Executive Services, at email@example.com.
Learn about the candidates:
- Ashlie Abercrombie Allardyce, Early Childhood Special Educator, Calcaiseu (LA) Parish School Board
- Ben Hicks, Director of Special Education, Charlevoix-Emmet (MI) Intermediate School District
- Laural Jackson, Special Education Teacher, Delta/Greely (AK) School District
- Michelle R. Murphy, Assistant Professor of Education, Francis Marion University (SC)
- Laura Nugent, Director of Student Support Services, Burlington (VT) School District
- Charmion Rush, Associate Professor, Western Carolina University (NC)