Supporting Students with Emotional and Behavioral Problems
Severe social, emotional, and behavioral challenges can be major obstacles to your students’ academic success. Break down those barriers with the research-based interventions in this book, your guide to addressing serious problem behaviors in K-12 classrooms. Aligned with recommended practices for schoolwide positive behavior supports (SWPBS), this book presents a highly effective tiered approach that helps you develop school- and class-wide interventions and match behavior interventions to each student’s needs. Developed by trusted PBS experts and packed with concrete strategies, this essential resource will prepare teachers to prevent and reduce severe behavior problems, improve students’ social interactions, and increase academic engagement. A must for both preservice and in-service educators!
THE GUIDE YOU NEED TO:
- Improve the behavior of students with or without a specific diagnosis
- Boost your behavior management skills and empower yourself to take action
- Assess and improve your classroom environment, including physical setup, routines, and emotional climate
- Prevent behavior problems by keeping students engaged and motivated during instruction
- Directly teach social skills during your everyday classes and routines
- Identify student mental health problems and select appropriate interventions
- Determine when a student needs Tier 2 intervention or more intensive Tier 3 supports
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments and use them to develop support plans
- Select and use a behavioral management system to track your students’ progress
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Real-world strategies, case studies, forms, and reflection activities that can be used right away in the classroom and across various school settings.