Six Steps to Inclusive Preschool Curriculum
How can inclusive early educators plan and deliver challenging instructions to help all young learners succeed in kindergarten? This guide has authoritative answers from some of today’s most renowned names in early childhood education. Presenting the Children’s School Success+ (CSS+) framework, for building a UDL-based plan for inclusive preschool instruction, this book is a powerful tool for using your existing curriculum to address each child’s unique learning needs. Through practical, evidence-based strategies and guidelines, you’ll discover how to equalize access to curriculum content while giving learners multiple ways to access and possess new knowledge. Keep this resource at your fingertips to guide your curriculum and instruction—so all young children have the skills they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Identify a developmentally appropriate scope and sequence for your students’ learning objectives
- Ensure a coherent, engaging curriculum that continuously builds on the knowledge and skills your students acquire
- Develop UDL-based activity plans that support every child’s learning
- Use differentiation and individualization strategies for students who need extra supports
- Select and implement successful progress monitoring strategies
- Improve your teaching through a continuous loop of planning, instruction, and monitoring
- Work and play well with your colleagues
- Engage in partnership with families to support their children’s success
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: You’ll get a wealth of downloadable online resources for implementing the framework, plus specific tips and strategies on addressing key topics such as behavior, classroom organization, and collaboration with families. You’ll also see the framework in action, with recurring vignettes in diverse early childhood settings, including a public preschool, a Head Start classroom, and an early childhood special education classroom.