Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Young Children: The Early Childhood Model of Individualized Positive Behavior Support
Now early childhood professionals have their own guide to the popular Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model—the research-proven, family-centered approach used in schools nationwide to resolve challenging behaviors. Developed by top behavior experts, this practical, reader-friendly guidebook shows you how to improve the social-emotional development and prevent challenging behaviors of young children in preschool settings by:
- Preventing behavior problems
- Teaching proactive communication and social skills
- Reinforcing positive behavior
A highly effective approach drawn from the research and principles of applied behavior analysis and positive behavior support, Prevent-Teach-Reinforce for Young Children will help you:
- resolve persistent challenging behaviors
- address problem behaviors common in younger children
- set individualized goals for children
- conduct family-centered assessment and intervention
- help children with and without disabilities
- work effectively with diverse families
- collect reliable data and use it to inform next steps
The CD-ROM includes planning forms and worksheets tailored for early childhood programs, including a Goal Sheet, Daily Log, Behavior Rating Scale, Intervention Menu, and Team Implementation Guide. And four detailed case examples walk you through the PTR-YC steps and implementation.
Ideal for a wide range of early childhood settings—including preschools, Head Start, and child care programs—this practical guide will help you resolve even the toughest behavior challenges in young children.