Whale Shark Software
EC-AID (Exceptional Children Accommodation & IEP Data) is a solution designed for special education data collection. Our goal is to reduce the burden of paperwork on special education teachers, improve collaboration with general education teachers and specialists, and provide comprehensive reporting to teachers and administrators.
- Track IEP goal progress – notifications and goal measurement instructions ensure that all team members are collecting data consistently and with fidelity across settings
- Track accommodation use – record whether students accept or decline their testing and classroom accommodations, and verify with an optional signature capture
- Track service delivery – ensure students are receiving their services and evaluate the need for compensatory education
- Reporting – detailed student reports show student progress to parents and inform instructional decisions by teachers, while Administrator reports help ensure compliance. Our reports have enabled schools and providers to successfully demonstrate IEP goal progress monitoring and accommodation delivery in state audits and litigation.
- Platform – collect data using a web browser or through native mobile apps (iOS and Android)
Whale Shark Software was created by a team with expertise in both technology and special education who understand the need for data collection and the demands placed upon educators. Our mission is to deliver a low-cost, secure, easy-to-use special education data collection tool for teachers, enabling them to spend more time teaching and less time doing paperwork.
What do whale sharks have to do with special ed data? The name Whale Shark Software was inspired by a special young man who LOVES all things whale shark!
Collect, manage, and report special education data for compliance and student-centered decision making. EC-AID (Exceptional Children Accommodation & IEP Data) is an affordable solution to simplify data collection, encourage collaboration, and improve data. EC-AID can help track IEP/504/ELL goals & objectives, accommodation use, and service delivery times. System-generated notifications prompt consistent monitoring of goals, while goal measurement instructions ensure fidelity of data collection by multiple staff members. Data is automatically rendered into reports with graphs to show progress & drive instructional decisions. Navigate your ocean of data with ease, with EC-AID.
Information provided in the online directory on this website is intended to provide a guide to businesses, organizations, and resources that support the special education community. The Council for Exceptional Children or any of its employees neither endorse, warrant, nor guarantee the products or services advertised in the directory. The information provided in each listing on this website is published as obtained from external sources that provide the information.