On-Demand HLP Deep Dive Series
The High-Leverage Practices (HLPs) for Students With Disabilities are all about good teaching and improving outcomes for students with exceptionalities. Our new On-Demand HLP Deep Dive Series is your chance to hone your skills and revitalize your teaching game whether you're virtual or back in a classroom.
In this fully online, on-demand program, you’ll get the instruction, modeling, resources, and flexibility to access what you need, when you need it. We’ve put everything you need to learn about the HLPs outlined below in one place and provide some guidance for making your learning journey meaningful, personalized, and achievable so you can implement the practices right away—and even more effectively.
Only have time for or need one or two of the practices right now? That’s fine—take a deep-dive into the specific practices you need now and explore the rest later. Earn professional development hours (PDHs) for each module you complete, or for completing the whole program!
What's the On-Demand HLP Deep Dive Series?
- 8 curated, asynchronous, one-hour webinar modules from CEC’s 2020 HLP Webinar series. Each module takes a deep dive into one of the HLPs (including strategies to effectively implement that practice) with our dynamic presenters.
- Additional resources to help you implement the HLPs in your daily practice.
- Includes 8 one-hour webinars:
- HLP #1, Collaborating with Colleagues: Navigating Difficult Professional Interactions with Dr. Marilyn Friend
- HLP #2, Leading Effective Meetings: Don't Meet Just to Meet with Dr. Marilyn Friend
- HLP #6, Using Assessment Data, Part 1: Collecting & Selecting with Dr. Erica Lembke
- HLP #6, Using Assessment Data, Part 2: Evaluating & Adapting with Dr. Erica Lembke
- HLP #7, Establishing Learning Environments: Positive Classroom Behavior Support with Dr. Brandi Simonsen
- HLP#8/22, Provide Feedback: Moving Beyond the Head Nod with Dr. Michael Kennedy
- HLP #16, Explicit Instruction, Part 1: Exploring the Foundations with Dr. Charles Hughes & Dr. Courtney Dexter
- HLP #16, Explicit Instruction, Part 2: Typical Lesson with Dr. Charles Hughes & Dr. Courtney Dexter
- Additional resources including:
- A full issue of CEC’s research-to-practice journal, TEACHING Exceptional Children, focused exclusively on implementing the HLPs (typically only available to CEC members).
- A selection of multiple journal articles selected by the presenters to enhance and support your HLP learning journey.
- Access and download your own digital copy of the High-Leverage Practices in Special Education book.
- Watch any or all of the modules at your own pace and convenience within one year.
- Receive PDH certificates for the modules you complete (1 PDH for each module) or for completing the whole series (8 PDHs) on-demand.
- Select modules are paired with a short video of a real teacher modeling the practice in a real classroom. You can learn the strategies and then see what the practice looks like being implemented effectively!
- Register and have access to everything above for a full year.